Here are some simple yet effective design techniques we spotted along the way.
- Use a dark-hued paint to “carve” smaller areas in large rooms. This allows you to have multiple smaller, more focused areas. For example a reading nook.
- Reclaim and recycle if it fits the bill. Moore transformed a vintage Marni dress into a chic throw pillow and converted reclaimed-wood into a beautiful dining table.
- Neutral go with everything. Throw blankets, rugs and more.
- Everyone looks better by candlelight. Candlelight isn't just for romantic dinners. Make use of them in unexpected ways.
- Go custom when you need something to fit in that special place. The bench on the cover image, above, is a perfect fit under the bright window.